Online English Teaching Course
Are you a native English speaker or qualified teacher?
Learn everything you need to know about teaching English online
Experience the financial freedom and personal fulfillment that online English teaching offers. There is an incredible amount of 1.5 billion second language English learners worldwide and a shortage of qualified English teachers. As the world becomes more globalized, the need for a common language increases. English is used by millions of people for business and other purposes, but there is one problem – there are just not enough qualified English teachers.
Through this new way of teaching, you will grow as a teacher as you work one-on-one with students from all walks of life. This course will prepare you for the online teaching environment in terms of deeply understanding income structure models, working with students from different cultures, managing conversational lessons and adapting to different students’ needs.
By the end of this course, you will:
- have all the knowledge required in order to earn an income of between $900 and $2700 per month by teaching English online
- understand different income structure models in the online English teaching space
- be equipped to apply to online English teaching websites and platforms
- understand the different kinds of online English teaching websites
- manage conversational lessons in a one-on-one learning environment
- be able to create your own resource base
- know how to use different learning tools in your lessons
- have access to a list of the top-paying online English teaching schools
- be a part of an online teacher support group on Facebook
Teacher Success Stories
See some of the teachers who have taken OET course:
Benefits of teaching English online
✓ You can travel and still earn a great income
✓ You will get to meet interesting people from all over the world
✓ There is no need to sit in traffic to get to work
✓ You can cash out on a weekly basis
About Your Instructor
Online English teacher and qualified linguist Rebecca Hope has trained over 200 native English speakers to teach English online. Within her first two years of teaching online, Rebecca taught over 2000 one-on-one lessons to more than 400 students from roughly 40 different countries and was able to live in Italy, Poland, Canada, the United States and South Africa while earning a stable income from teaching English online.
Rebecca is one of the most successful language instructors on the learning platform Verbling and has worked with Verbling on optimizing the site in order to make the teaching experience for teachers even better.
See Rebecca’s online English teaching profile here.
- Building a sustainable high income
- many online English teachers do not reach an income of over $10 per hour
- this course is focused on preparing teachers to earn between $15 and $25 per hour within their first 3 months of teaching online
2. Managing conversational lessons
- most teaching methods do not elaborate on how to manage conversational lessons
- many teachers who have been trained to teach in a lecture format are not equipped to teach one-on-one conversational lessons
- this course provides teachers with full training on how to manage one-hour long conversational lessons
Who is this course for?
- Native English speakers who are planning to obtain their TEFL or other English teaching qualification or already-qualified English teachers.
- English teachers who want to teach English online, enjoying flexibility and a diverse teaching experience.
- English teachers who are already teaching online but are not reaching their income goals.
This is a self-paced 20-lecture course but you will only have up to 12 weeks to complete it. Thus, it is recommended that you aim to complete at least 2 lectures per week. The entire course takes anywhere between 10 and 30 hours to complete depending on how long you take to do the assignments and quizzes.
You can register for this course at any time and can complete it in your own time. You have up to 12 weeks of access to this course.
Once you have completed this course, you will receive a certificate from The English Square and will be ready to sign up to teaching English online with access to a library of the top online English teaching websites.
Payments & Course Access
Once you have made your payment for the course, there may be a waiting time for up to 6 hours for your payment to be processed. Please be patient. You will receive a confirmation email once the order is through. You will be able to log in to your student account at https://www.theenglishsquare.com/dashboard/ and see the status of your processed order. Once your payment has been processed, you will have access to the course.
Make sure you have a laptop, headphones and access to a strong Internet connection. Test your Internet connection at www.speedtest.net. Your upload speed should at least be 10 mbps and your download speed 15 mbps.
Can I take this course if I don’t have a teaching certificate?
Yes, you can take this course either before or after obtaining your TEFL, TESOL or CELTA teaching certificate. Fill in the registration form below and we will put you in touch with an ESL training centre in your area.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. We will respond within 24 hours.
Does this course prepare me to teach children online?
Yes, this course prepares you for teaching children on independent teaching sites such as Verbling where you will have to compile your own learning materials for classes. When teaching contractually on websites that only deal with children, you are generally provided material to teach within a set curriculum by those websites. This course does provide a list of all the top-paying websites for teaching children online. Remember, this is not a TEFL or TESOL course and does not cover every learning approach that all the 600+ different online schools offer.
Am I guaranteed a job if I take this course?
If you have a teaching qualification or TEFL, TESOL or CELTA certificate, you are fully proficient in spoken and written English, you follow all the steps provided in this course and you do not make any spelling or punctuation errors in your applications to online teaching websites, you will be accepted in online teaching websites.
Do online teaching platforms accept South African teachers?
They sure do. There are many online English teaching websites which accept South African teachers. Your instructor Rebecca is South African and primarily used Verbling which accepts all nationalities. There are, however, some websites which do not accept South African teachers based on the fact that only 7% of South Africans are native English speakers. We are working on advocating against such websites as we believe that it is discriminatory to not accept applications for work based on their nationality. Regardless, there are many fantastic websites which accept South African teachers. This course will point you in the right direction regarding the highest-paying sites for South African teachers. We do not encourage teachers to sign up on websites which pay teachers less than $12 per hour and believe this is exploitation.
What Will I Learn?
- You will learn how to earn between $1000 and $2000 per month in your first 3 months as an online English teacher
- You will be prepared to manage a conversational English lesson
- You will be prepared to adapt to different students based on their age, level of English, country of origin, and language goals
- You will be added to a Facebook support group to keep you on track
- Certification received upon completion
Topics for this course
Writing Your Story8:29
The E-learning Space3:56
What It Takes9:25
Assignments from Introduction
Introduction to E-learning
Assignment for Income Structures
Income Structure Quiz
Setting Up Your Teacher’s Profile (Part 1)15:40
Setting Up Your Teacher’s Profile (Part 2)9:28
Building Your Student Base10:39
Assignments for Teaching Independently
Teaching Independently Quiz
Scope of Students
Understanding the Scope of Students8:18
Scope of Students Quiz
Self Development Plan4:22
This has honestly been such a remarkable journey. I have gained extensive knowledge about the online teaching world and how to manage myself as an independent teacher. This course has also broadened my understanding of how to teach English in a fun and engaging way. Thank you OET!
I am so glad I came across this OET course. The lessons really has given me a great outlook on the online teaching space, as I did not know much about it at first. Every lesson was thorough, and I did not know that I could gain so much knowledge from 20 lessons. The course also gave me an opportunity to identify my strengths and weaknesses and set out my goals for this new venture, which is great. Thank you so much OET!
I thoroughly enjoyed the OET course and learned so much about Teaching English Online. This course is a step-by-step guide on how to become successful in the Online Teaching Space. It is packed with useful hints and much needed information. I will definitely recommend this OET course to anyone wanting to embark on this journey.
I'm so happy to have taken the OET course. This course gave me a great jumpstart into online teaching at a fantastic price. Great intro program for anyone who wants to teach English online and actually build a decent income. Thanks so much to OET for all the information and guidance. I have a much better understanding of the online teaching space and got accepted to teach on 3 websites since completing the course. It literally changed my situation completely.